Don't ruin all the good work you've been doing all year with your weight, over the holidays! The parties and the feeding of fattening go hand in hand. Thanksgiving and leftovers can last a week or two. Before you know it, Christmas follows. New Year. Studies show that about 75% of a person's annual weight gain occurs between Thanksgiving and the end of the year. How to avoid gaining weight d...
Have you recently tried to lose weight? Are you tired and confused by all the different “CARDIO” style dance classes?
Well, there is still hope for you! Meet Zumba Dance …
Zumba Dance is a combination of Latin and international music dance themes that creates a vibrant and successful fitness system. Routines include aerobic / fitness interval training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tones and sculpts the body.
ZUMBA uses the principles of interval training and resistance training to maximize caloric production, fat burning, and total toning.
It’s a combination of body-sculpting dance moves and easy-to-follow dance steps.
So how many calories does Zumba burn?
An average class can burn 500 to 800 calories! Of course, you can burn more or less depending on your intensity and fitness level. Your Zumba instructor will work with you to get maximum results … fast. How is that different? Better than exercising at home listening to a boring CD … right?
Along with Zumba dance classes, it’s important to follow these foolproof fat-loss nutrition tips that will maximize the amount of calories you burn:
* Eat veggies – Mix and match fresh veggies for variety. They are full of fiber and will help you burn more fat.
* Snack – Go ahead, eat only good things, such as nuts (especially almonds), vegetables, fresh and dried fruits.
* Walnuts: Almonds, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, and pecans are great for you. Spice up that yogurt and salad by adding a few.
* Steel Cut Oats: Cook ¼ cup with 1 cup of rice milk (trust me, it’s delicious and you won’t need any sweetener) for breakfast.
* Protein: protein is a fat burner. How do you ask? Well, your body burns more calories digesting protein than eating any other type of food. Eating protein also prevents muscle wasting when dieting.
* Yogurt – It will help you lose weight and at the same time protect your muscles. Yogurt is also a simple and convenient snack. It is also rich in protein.
Follow these tips, attend as many Zumba classes as you can, and you’ll quickly maximize your calories burned.
So how many calories does Zumba burn? Follow these tips and you will burn enough to have that body of your dreams!